Mint Juleps For a Crowd
May 2, 2015, Celebrates the 141st Kentucky Derby At Churchill Downs. Make a big pitcher of Mint Juleps. Put on a fancy Derby Hat and watch the Kentucky Derby. Derby Hats and Mint Juleps scream Kentucky Derby, the two go hand-in-hand. Kentucky Derby patrons can also enjoy a slice of Derby Pie and a Hot Brown both of which are delicious.
Here are a few of my favorite Derby Hats from~ Lady Diane Hats
- 1 cup
- 1 3/4 cups
fresh mint springs, finely chopped
- 2 quarts
- 20 fresh mint sprigs
- Combine first four ingredients in a large glass container.
- Stir until sugar dissolves.
- Cover and let stand 4 to 6 hours.
- Strain mixture into a 3-quart pitcher, discarding mint.
- Fill each glass with shaved ice, fill with bourbon mixture.
- Garnish with fresh mint springs.