On the Meu Today~
Cherry Peach Clafoutis
This delicious French Dessert
is made easy with Bisquick.
Fast, delicious and made in a
Cast iron skillet~
What is a Clafoutis?
Clafoutis is a baked French dessert
of fruit, traditionally black cherries,
arranged in a buttered dish and
covered with a thick flan-like batter.
Traditionally, clafoutis is specifically made with black cherries…
although many clafoutis variations include other fruits such as:
plums, prunes, blueberries, blackberries, raspberries or apples.
1 can (14.5 oz)
pitted tart red cherries in water, well drained
1 can (15.25 oz)
sliced peaches, in syrup, well drained
Original Bisquick Baking Mix
cherry juice or kirsch
powdered sugar, for dusting
- Heat oven to 350 degrees. Spray a 10″ cast iron skillet with non-stick spray.
- Evenly distribute cherries, peaches and almonds in the bottom of skillet.
- Beat Bisquick mix, sugar, milk, cherry juice or kirsch, almond extract and eggs with an electric mixer on medium speed for 2 minutes. Pour over fruit.
- Bake for 35 to 40 minutes or until a knife inserted in center comes out clean.
- Sprinkle with powdered sugar.
- Serve warm.