On the Menu Today~
unsalted butter, softened (for greasing the pan)
1 1/4 cups
1 can (14.5 oz) pitted
tart red cherries in water, well drained
powdered sugar, for dusting
- Heat oven to 425° Grease a 10″cast iron skillet with butter. Set aside.
- Combine milk, sugar, cherry juice, vanilla, eggs and salt with an immersion blender for a few seconds to mix. Add flour and blend until smooth about 1 minute.
- Pour batter into buttered skillet, distribute cherries evenly over the top.
- Bake until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean or a golden brown crust has formed on the top and bottom of the clafoutis, about 30 minutes. Remove from oven.
- Dust with confectioners’ sugar.
Serve warm with ice cream