We may earn money or products from the companies mentioned in this post.
Barbecue Baked Beans
Ready? Set? Go! Get your baked bean and pasta recipes ready…Dig out your bean pots and large glass bowls, It’s almost Grillin’ Season. Great northern beans, water, bacon, onion, barbecue sauce, molasses, brown sugar and dry mustard make up the recipe for these scrumptious Barbecue Baked Beans. Use your favorite brand of barbecue sauce to make these beans to your liking.
Jazz Them Up
If you want to jazz these beans up just a bit, you can add sliced chorizo sausage, canned diced green chilies, taco flavored ground beef and/or sliced jalepeno. Baked Bean recipes are so versatile and forgiving. There really isn’t much you can do to screw up baked beans and/or add to any baked bean recipe to make them non-edible in my opinion. To me all baked bean recipes are good!
- 1 pound
great northern beans
- cold water,
to cover beans
- 6 cups
- 1/2 teaspoon
- 9 slices
- 1 small
- 1/2 cup
- 1/3 cup
- 1/4 cup
- 1/2 teaspoon
- Place beans in a large bowl, cover with cold water. Soak beans overnight. When ready to make beans, drain. Place beans in dutch oven, cover with 6 cups water, add 1/2 teaspoon baking soda. Bring beans and water to a boil, turn burner off, let beans par-boil for 2 minutes. Drain water and reserve. Set beans aside.
- In a large bean pot layer bacon, beans and onions, ending with bacon.
- In a medium bowl mix together barbecue sauce, molasses, brown sugar and dry mustard.
- Pour over beans. Add enough reserved water to cover beans.
- Cover bean pot and bake at 300º for 4 to 6 hours or until beans are tender.