On the Menu Today~
Barbecue Baked Beans
Get your baked bean and pasta recipes ready…
It’s almost Grillin’ Season~
great northern beans
to cover beans
- Place beans in a large bowl, cover with cold water. Soak beans overnight. When ready to make beans, drain. Place beans in dutch oven, cover with 6 cups water, add 1/2 teaspoon baking soda. Bring beans and water to a boil, turn burner off, let beans par-boil for 2 minutes. Drain water and reserve. Set beans aside.
- In a large bean pot layer bacon, beans and onions, ending with bacon.
- In a medium bowl mix together barbecue sauce, molasses, brown sugar and dry mustard.
- Pour over beans. Add enough reserved water to cover beans.
- Cover bean pot and bake at 300º for 4 to 6 hours or until beans are tender.