On the Menu Today~
Spring Coconut Macaroon Nests~
With Easter a few weeks away,
why not try this recipe for:
Coconut Macaroons Nests.
I had to laugh when my grand-son
thought the coconut macaroons looked like eggs and
the spring green sixlets candies looked like peas!
These cute “eggs” and “peas”
would look great on your
Easter Brunch table.
sweetened condensed milk
3 1/2 cups
lemon curd or homemade lemon curd
over the top spring green
sixlets candy, or candy of your choice
- Preheat oven to 325° Line a baking sheet with parchment paper
- In a large bowl, stir together sweetened condensed milk, egg white, lemon extract and salt. Stir until combined. Add coconut and mix well.
- With a 2 tablespoon size cookie scoop, measure out the dough. Place dough on parchment lined baking sheet. Make a small indentation with your thumb to from a nest.
- Bake for 17 to 20 minutes. Remove from oven. Press center again to make a nest.
- Cool until firm. Remove from baking sheet. Cool completely.
- Place a tablespoon of warmed lemon curd filling in the “nest”