We may earn money or products from the companies mentioned in this post.
Apple Yogurt Pancakes
Apple Yogurt Pancakes are the best pancakes you will ever make! Tender, moist and fluffy, just the way a pancake should be. Not only are these the best pancakes you will ever make, they’re the best pancakes you’ll ever eat. They’re the easiest pancakes you’ll ever make too. Sounds like a win, win to me! Made with only 5 ingredients; buttermilk pancake mix, apple pie filling, ground cinnamon, milk and “stained yogurt.”
The star ingredient in this recipe is “strained yogurt.” Strained yogurt is super easy to “do” and the result is a super thick, spreadable yogurt that has the consistency this is slightly thicker than that of sour cream. Last week-end I made my hubby Apple Yogurt Pancakes. He loved them. He is my official pancake tester and he said these were the best pancakes yet. Not bad coming from a man who has tested alot of pancakes.
- 2 cups
buttermilk complete pancake mix
- 1 cup
strained yogurt, direcctions here: How to Stain Yogurt
- 1/2 to 1 cup
- 1/2 teaspoon
- 1 cup
apple pie filling
- Remove apples from pie filling, dice apples.
- Measure diced apples to make 1/2 cup.
- In a medium bowl, stir together pancake mix, strained yogurt, cinnamon, and apples.
- Add 1/4 cup of water at a time, stirring well after each addition.
- Add more water and continue to stir until desired consistency.
- Heat a large griddle to 350 degrees.
- Pour a small amount of oil on griddle, wipe off excess with paper towel.
- Ladle a 1/4 cup of the batter onto hot griddle.
- Cook until bubbles appear on surface.
- Turn pancakes over.
- Cook until pancakes are brown on both sides.
- Continue with remaining batter.