unsalted butter, room temperature
light brown sugar, packed
egg yolk, room temperature
1/2 cup plus 4 tablespoons
dried cranberries, diced
crystallized ginger, diced
- In a food processor, (set aside 3 tablespoons pistachios) grind remaining pistachios with 1 tablespoon vegetable oil. Add almond butter, combine well. Coarsely chop remaining 3 tablespoons pistachios, set aside.
- In a bowl with an electric mixer, combine the butter and sugar until fluffy. Add the egg yolk and vanilla. Beat in the pistachio mixture until incorporated.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together flour and baking soda. Slowly add to butter/pistachio mixture. Mix in remaining pistachios, dried cranberries and ginger.
- Divide into a log. Wrap in plastic wrap. Chill for 30 minutes. (I chilled the dough for several hours) Slice the dough into pieces and shape or press into a circular shape.
- Place 2 inches apart on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
- Bake at 350º for 12 to 15 minutes.
- Let cool on pan for 5 minutes, transfer to a cooling rack.
Garnish with chopped pistachios, dried cranberries and crystallized ginger, if desired.