On the Menu Today~
Cream Cheese Filled Dates
Wrapped in Bacon
Welcome back to Football Friday
and the Game Day Recipe~
Cream Cheese Filled Dates Wrapped in Bacon
1 (8 oz) package
cream cheese, room temperature
honey, plus extra for drizzle
chopped, toasted pecans
15 to 20
9 to 10 slices
bacon, cut in half
- In large bowl, beat cream cheese until creamy. Beat in honey until smooth.
- Fold in toasted chopped pecans.
- Cut a small slit in dates, do not cut through. Using you finger, open dates up slightly. Fill each date with cream cheese mixture. Set aside.
- Fry bacon slices until crisp. Remove bacon from pan, drain on paper towels.
- When cool enough to handle, wrap a half slice of bacon around each filled date.
- Arrange dates, seam side down on microwaveable safe serving plate. Microwave on high for 25 seconds. Remove from microwave.
- Drizzle honey over bacon wrapped dates.