On the Menu Today~
The Cheesiest Mac n’ Cheese
Mac ‘n Cheese is always a favorite in my house.
The french-fried onions on the top add a a nice crunch.
Delicious and Cheesy~
The Cheesiest Mac ‘n Cheese
fine dry bread crumbs
radiatori or pasta of your choice
2 1/2 cups
shredded Gouda cheese
2 1/2 cups
shredded Swiss cheese
1 (16 oz) can
french fried onions
- Preheat oven to 350 F. Sprinkle the bottom and sides of a lightly buttered 2-quart casserole dish with bread crumbs, tilting casserole to coat evenly. Set aside.
- In a large saucepan, bring 3 quarts of water to a boil. Add the pasta and cook for 5 to 6 minutes or just until pasta is tender but still firm to the bite. In a small saute pan, heat oil over medium heat, add onion to oil and cook 5 minutes. Drain pasta, rinse and drain again. In same saucepan combine cooked pasta and onion.
- In a medium bowl, combine shredded butterkäse and Swiss cheese. Arrange a third of the pasta/onion mixture in the prepared casserole. Sprinkle 1-1/2 cups of the cheese over pasta, repeat with another third of the pasta/onion mixture and another 1-1/2 cups of the cheese. Top with remaining pasta/onion mixture. Top with 1 cup of cheese.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together milk, evaporated milk, eggs, and pepper. Pour over pasta mixture in baking dish. Bake uncovered for 30 minutes or until knife inserted near the center comes out clean. Remove from oven. Sprinkle with remaining cup of cheese, spoon french-fried onions around the outside edge.
- Bake, uncovered, for 5 to 10 minutes longer or until cheese is melted.