We may earn money or products from the companies mentioned in this post.
Easy Candy Corn Cupcakes
With Halloween just a few days away, why not make these fun, fast and festive cupcakes. Perfect addition to any Halloween party. Made with a few basic ingredients such as; orange and yellow gel food coloring, white cake mix, and one can of classic vanilla frosting. Decorate the top of each cupcake with candy corn candies and orange colored sugar. This year make your Halloween party Spook-tacular with these tasty cupcakes.
I found this recipe on McCormick Spices. My candy corn cupcakes didn’t have the festive, and classic two-toned color contrast that the picture did on the McCormick website but I know what I did wrong. The next time I make cupcakes with two different color layers, I will gently make a small indentation in the top of the first color and then gently spoon the second color into the indentation and bake as usual. Hopefully that will help. If you have any other suggestion, leave me a comment below.
- 1 package (2-layer size)
white cake mix
- egg whites, water and oil
called for on box
- 2 teaspoons
- orange and yellow
- 1 (16 oz) container
classic vanilla frosting
- orange colored
- candy corn
- Prepare cake mix according to package directions, adding vanilla extract to the batter.
- Divide batter in half, tint one batch yellow with 1/3 teaspoon yellow food coloring, tint second batch with 1/3 teaspoon orange food coloring. Fill each paper-lined muffin cup 1/3 full with yellow batter. Gently add orange batter on top of yellow batter, filling each cup 2/3 cup full.
- Bake as directed on package for cupcakes.
- Frost cupcakes, decorate with colored sugar and candy corn.