Blueberry Lemon Oatmeal Bars
The next time you’re asked to bring a treat for your child’s school bake sale, for Potluck Friday at work or if you need to bring a treat to a party, this dessert goes together fast. Made with convenient products Blueberry Lemon Bars are not only fast to put together, they’re delicious!! You will definitely bring home an empty dish.
Blueberry Lemon Oatmeal Bars are made with a boxed lemon cake mix, blueberry jam, white chocolate chips and old fashioned rolled oats. Blueberry Lemon Oatmeal Bars can be topped with a simple lemon glaze, which is optional. I didn’t feel that the glaze was necessary but my hubby liked the lemon glaze. Saying it added that something extra. Since I’ve been married for many years, I’ve learned the fine art of compromising. The solution is a simple one; I drizzled my hubbys half of the pan with lemon glaze and on my half I do not. Easy, Peasy, Lemon, Squeezy.
- 1 package (2-layer size)
lemon cake mix
- 2 1/2 cups
old fashioned rolled oats
- 3/4 cup
- 1 (14 oz) jar
- 1 tablespoon
- 1/2 cup
white chocolate chips
- 1 1/2 cups powdered sugar
- 2-4 tablespoons lemon juice
- Grease a 13 x 9 x 2 inch baking dish; set aside
- In a very large bowl, stir together the dry cake mix and rolled oats. Stir in the melted butter until mixture is crumbly. Press 1/2 of the crumb mixture evenly into the prepared dish.
- In a small bowl, combine the jam and the lemon juice. Spread the jam mixture over the crumb crust to within 1/2 inch of the edges.
- Add 1/2 cup white chocolate chips to remaining crumb mixture, combine. Sprinkle the remaining crumb/white chocolate chip mixture evenly over the top
- Bake in a 375º oven for 20 to 25 minutes or until golden brown.
- Cool in baking dish on a wire rack.
- Make Lemon Glaze:
- In a small bowl, whisk together powdered sugar and lemon juice until you reach desired consistency. Drizzle with Lemon Glaze.
Try these other “Blue” recipes.