Spiced Honey Pretzels-Football Friday
Are you ready for some Football. It’s that time of year again, time to dust off those football game-day recipes. Every Sunday morning my hubby asks me the same question, “What are you making for the game?” Our favorite fall football tradition is watching the Packer game on Sunday afternoon and making a “snack” before game time. Spiced Honey Pretzels go perfectly with an ice cold beer.
“Snacks” can be just about anything you want, from a bowl of chips and dip, to grilled brats with a side dish of baked beans and potato salad. Sometimes a pan of brownies with green and yellow m & m’s scattered on top of the frosting is all that is needed. It can even be as simple as a plate of cheese, sausage and crackers or it can be as simple as a big bowl of these spiced honey pretzels.
Looking for More?
Looking for more snack recipes? Here are a few of our favorites Green and Gold Corn Dip and Deep fried Mushrooms. Another favorite to serve during football games Sloppy Joe’s or Hot Beef Sandwiches. Both of which can be made ahead of time and then heated and served from a slow cooker.
- 4 cups
thin pretzel sticks
- 3 tablespoons
- 2 teaspoons
- 1 teaspoon
- 1 teaspoon
- Preheat oven to 350º Line a 15 x 10 x 1 inch baking sheet with foil. Coat foil with non-stick cooking spray. Place pretzels on baking sheet.
- In small bowl, combine honey, melted butter, onion powder and chili powder. Pour over pretzels; toss to coat.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 10 minutes. Stir, bake 8 minutes longer.
- Cool on wax paper. Stirring gently several times to separate clumps.
- Store in air tight container.
*Can be doubled* Our favorite brand of pretzels is Rold Gold Pretzels