On the Menu Today~
Sourdough Brownies with
Chocolate chips and Nuts
I had a craving for brownies and
sourdough brownies are one of my favorites.
Not only are they delicious and easy to make,
it gives me a reason to use my sourdough starter.
The perfect ending to a great summer….
Sourdough Brownies with chocolate chips and walnuts.
semisweet baking chocolate
semi-sweet chocolate chips
1 1/2 cups
1 1/2 cups
chocolate frosting or
sifted powdered sugar, optional
- Place chocolate in a small saucepan and add hot water; Bring slowly to a boil, stirring constantly to prevent burning. As soon as chocolate is melted, remove from heat and add baking soda; stir well (mixture will be bubbly). Set aside to cool to lukewarm.
- In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Add eggs and vanilla extract and mix thoroughly. Stir in cooled chocolate mixture, nuts and chocolate chips. Sift flour and salt; gradually add to the chocolate mixture, stirring well. Stir in the sourdough and mix well.
- Pour batter into a greased and floured 13 x 9 pan.
- Place pan in a warm spot for 30 to 45 minutes to rise slightly.
- Bake at 350º for 35 to 40 minutes.
- Cool completely.
Frost cooled brownies with chocolate frosting or dust with powdered sugar.