On the Menu Today~
Your little ghosts and goblins will be spooked
when they see these delicious “bloody bones.”
Like all meringue cookies,
these “bloody bones” are light, crisp, airy and delicious~
cream of tartar
red food coloring,
optional, (to give your “bones” blood drops)
- In a small bowl, beat egg whites and cream of tartar on medium speed until soft peaks form. Gradually add sugar, 1 tablespoon at a time, beating on high until stiff peaks form.
- Place mixture in a heavy-duty resealable plastic bag, cut off a small corner of bag (you can also use a pastry bag with a round decorating tip)
- On parchment-lined baking sheet, pipe meringue into a 3-inch log, pipe two 1-balls on opposite sides of each end of the log. Repeat with remaining meringue.
- Bake at 225º for 1 1/2 hours or until firm. Remove to wire racks.
- Drop droplets of red food coloring on bones to represent blood.
- Store in an airtight container