Sun-dried tomato scones are made easy by
using a buttermlk baking mix such as Bisquick.
Parmesan cheese, spices and sun-dried tomatoes are
added and the results are delicious.
Sun-dried Tomato Scones make a delicious
capicola and provolone sandwich also.
Capicola is lightly seasoned with red and/or white wine,
garlic and a variety of herbs and spices.
It is often rubbed with hot paprika or cracked black pepper.
Giardiniera is the must have condiment for an Italian Beef Sandwich and
in Italian the word means “from the garden” but
How in the world do you pronounce it?
After saying it about 3 times in a row,
it starts to sound right!
Many recipes differ,
but Giardiniera traditionally contains hot or mild peppers,
celery, carrots, pitted green olives plus
other vegetables mixed with a spice blend and
packed in olive oil.
Sun-Dried Tomato Scones are delicious served with soups, stews, or chili.
buttermilk baking mix
grated Parmesan cheese
1 1/2 teaspoons
oil packed sun dried tomatoes, well drained and chopped
- 3 green onion, thinly sliced
- Preheat oven to 450º F. Lightly coat a baking sheet with nonstick cooking spray; set aside.
- Combine baking mix, cheese and basil in medium bowl. Stir in milk, tomatoes and onions. Mix just until dry ingredients are moistened.
- Drop dough by heaping tablespoonfuls onto prepared baking sheet. Bake 8 to 10 minutes or until light brown.
- Remove baking sheet to wire rack; let stand 5 minutes. Remove scones and serve warm or at room temperature.
sun dried tomato scones
sliced capicola ham
sliced provolone cheese
hot or mild giardiniera relish
- Slice scones in half. Spread halves with giardiniera relish.
- Layer slices of capicola ham cheese on one half, on with remaining half.
- Wrap in foil
- Bake at 375º for 10 minutes or until cheese is melted.