I have been making this recipe for
Chocolate Cake with Chocolate Walnut Fudge Frosting
for as long as I can remember….
It’s delicious, chocolaty, and
the chocolate fudge frosting is fantastic.
You will be eating spoonfuls of the stuff.
My Grandma made this chocolate cake with chocolate walnut fudge frosting often and
it was and continues to be, my favorite chocolate cake.
It’s the only chocolate cake recipe…and the frosting…
Well, what can I say?
You just have to taste it to be a believer~
This cake is always a big hit…….
I mean seriously,
who doesn’t like chocolate cake with chocolate walnut fudge frosting…
My Grandma said she got the recipe(s)
off the back of a Hershey’s cocoa container many years ago,
this chocolate cake recipe and
chocolate walnut fudge frosting recipe are delicious,
I am happy to share them with you.
1 1/2 teaspoons
1 1/2 teaspoons
- Heat oven to 350º F.
- Grease and flour 13 x 9 inch glass baking dish.
- Combine dry ingredients in large bowl; sugar, flour, cocoa, baking powder, baking soda, and salt. Add eggs, buttermilk, oil and vanilla; beat on medium speed for 2 minutes.
- Stir in boiling water; batter will be thin. Pour into baking dish.
- Bake 25 to 35 minutes or until wooden toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
- Cool cake for 15 minutes on wire rack.
- Frost with Chocolate Walnut Fudge Frosting while cake is warm but not hot.
butter, room temperature
1 (16 oz) box
- Melt together butter and cocoa. Add milk and vanilla. Stir in powdered sugar and nuts.
- Spread frosting on warm cake.
- Cool completely