On the Menu Today~
Bacon Blueberry Scones
I love scones and
this recipe is my favorite~
The bacon and blueberry flavors blend great together.
I like to drizzle these warm scones with honey~
fresh or frozen blueberries
bacon, cooked and crumbled
- In a large bowl, combine the first six ingredients.
- Cut in the cold butter until mixture resembles coarse crumbs.
- In a small bowl, whisk together buttermilk and oil; add to crumb mixture.
- Stir in blueberries and bacon.
- Turn out onto a floured surface; knead 10 times.
- Pat into an 8-inch circle. Cut into eight wedges.
- Separate wedges and place on a greased baking sheet.
- In a small bowl, beat egg and milk; brush over scones, sprinkle with sugar.
- Bake at 425º for 12 to 15 minutes or until golden brown. Serve warm.