We may earn money or products from the companies mentioned in this post.
Cheese, Mushroom Garlic Bread
Cheese Mushroom Garlic Bread is delicious and great to serve anytime. You can serve this bread as an appetizer, side dish or a “ go with” for soup or stews. You can serve this cheesy mushroom garlic bread with any Italian style dinner. Anytime is the right time for this delicious bread.
- 1 or 2 large portabello mushroom caps
- 2 Tablespoons olive oil
- 1 Tablespoon butter
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 12 to 14 ounce package
french bread, sliced in half lengthwise
- 1 stick
butter, room temperature
- 1 teaspoon
- 1/2 teaspoon
- 1/2 teaspoon
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 cups Italian cheese blend
- In a small saute’ pan, brown mushroom slices in hot olive oil and butter. Season with salt and pepper. Brown mushroom slices on both sides until golden brown about 10 to 15 minutes. Remove from heat and drain on paper towels.
- In a medium bowl, mix together softened butter, spices and minced garlic with a fork until well blended. Divide the butter mixture between bread halves. Sprinkle the shredded cheese blend onto bottom half of bread, Lay the browned sliced mushrooms on cheese. Place buttered top half of bread on mushrooms. Wrap the bread in foil. Place wrapped bread on a baking sheet.
- Bake in a preheated 375º oven, for 30 to 45 minutes, or until cheese is melted. Remove bread from oven, remove tin foil. Turn the oven off and turn on the broiler.
- Separate bread halves, place on baking sheet, place bread 6 inches under broiler
- Broil until cheese is melted, bubbly and bread is toasted and golden brown, about 5 to 8 minutes. Watch carefully, bread will burn rather quickly.