I Love French Toast and Mulberry Syrup.
Home-made Mulberry Syrup is delicious drizzled over warm French Toast or Pancakes~
All that’s needed is a pat or two of butter and a fork!
This recipe for French Toast uses almond milk and almond flour.
If you don’t have either, don’t worry, just substitute regular milk and all-purpose flour.
You can also use blueberry, blackberry or any fruit syrup in place of the mulberry syrup…
Heck, use maple syrup if you want too!
1 (16 oz) loaf
- 1 tablespoons flour
2 to 4 tablespoons
syrup, extra butter
and powdered sugar
- Cut bread into 1/2 inch slices, set aside. (You should have 12 slices.)
- In a large mixing bowl, add flour, slowly whisk in almond milk. Whisk in salt, eggs, cinnamon and almond extract until smooth. Soak bread slices in egg mixture until saturated.
- Heat a griddle or frying pan over medium heat, melt butter.
- Cook bread slices in melted butter on each side until golden brown.
- Serve hot with syrup, pats of butter and sifted powdered sugar.
Find the recipe here for Mulberry Syrup
Serve hot with syrup, pats of butter and sifted powdered sugar.