On the Menu Today~
White Chocolate Coconut Nests
and Jello Beans
These cute little white chocolate coconut nests, tinted green,
are so fun and take only minutes to prepare.
sweetened flaked coconut
5 to 6
drops green food coloring
chocolate eggs, jelly beans or candy of your choice
- Spray 2 mini muffin pans with non-stick cooking spray, 24 total.
- Place shredded coconut in large baggie, add drops of green food coloring. Seal bag and shake until coconut reaches desired color.
- Place white chocolate in a microwave safe glass bowl. Microwave on high for 30 to 60 seconds or until chocolate is melts. Stir until chocolate is smooth. Add shredded coconut and mix well.
- Place a tablespoon of coconut mixture into each muffin tin cup, add more if needed until mixture has been evenly distributed. Press an indentation into each “nest” Place the muffin pans in the fridge for at least an hour and coconut is set.
- Once set, remove from fridge. Carefully remove “nests” Add jelly beans, mini solid chocolate eggs or candy of your choice.
1 1/4 cups
boiling water (do not add cold water)
2 (4-serving size each) packages
jello brand gelatin, any flavors
- Using non-stick cooking spray, lightly spray inside of bean mold. Place mold on a tray or cookie sheet. Set aside.
- Stir boiling water into gelatin in bowl, stir at least 3 minutes or until completely dissolved. Pour into liquid measuring cup. Slowly pour gelatin into mold, filling each bean completely.
- Refrigerate for several hours or until firm. Using moist fingertips, gently scoop beans out of mold. Place on plate.
- Refrigerate until ready to serve. Makes 82 Jello Beans
Did You Know~ A native Florida fruit, Key Limes are smaller, rounder, more yellowish in color and more tart that the prevalent green Persian limes.