When I was growing up,
our Easter Dinner would not be complete
without these wonderful tasting,
brightly colored eggs.
My mom served pickled eggs & beets
with thinly sliced onions and
2 (15 oz) cans
hard-boiled eggs, peeled
apple cider vinegar
- Drain beets, reserving 1 cup juice (discard remaining juice or save for another use) Place beets and eggs in a 2-quart glass bowl or jar. In a small saucepan bring the sugar, water, vinegar, reserved beet juice and pickling spice to a boil. Pour over beets and eggs; cool.
- Cover tightly and refrigerate for at least 24 hours before serving.
- Remove eggs and beets with slotted spoon.
- Place in a bowl with thinly sliced onions.
- Serve with warmed sauerkraut