We may earn money or products from the companies mentioned in this post.
Overnight Ham, Cheese and Egg Lasagna
Not only is this overnight lasagna packed full of cubed ham, shredded Swiss or Havarti cheese, chopped hard-boiled eggs, sun-dried tomato pesto, sun-dried tomato Alfredo sauce….it’s topped with Italian Parmesan bread crumbs and melted butter. That’s a whole lotta flavor in one pan of lasagna!
An egg lasagna, really? This wonderful make ahead lasagna is made with cooked ham, hard-boiled eggs, sun-dried tomato pesto and sun-dried tomato Alfredo sauce. A bit different sounding I know, but delicious just the same, as all lasagna recipes are. I was a bit skeptical before trying this dish but with one bite I knew I was hooked.
Great to Make with Easter Eggs
It turned out absolutely delicious and I’m not a huge fan of hard-boiled eggs! Overnight Ham, Cheese and Egg Lasagna would also make a delicious lunch or dinner. Another plus, you can use up all of those hard-boiled eggs you have left-over at Easter time. I can’t think of a better recipe to make than this one. Like most lasagna dishes, this lasagna was even better the next day.
- 1 (15 oz) jar
sun-dried tomato alfredo sauce
- 1/4 cup
- 2 tablespoons
sun-dried tomato pesto sauce
- 1/2 cup (from a jar)
drained roasted red bell peppers, diced
- 12 to 18
uncooked lasagna noodles
- 2 cups
diced cooked ham
- 3 cups
shredded Swiss or Havarti cheese
- 1 cup
Italian Parmesan bread crumbs
- 4 tablespoons
- Place eggs in a single layer in a small saucepan. Add enough water to cover eggs by 1 inch. Bring to a boil. Immediately remove from heat; cover and let stand 15 minutes. Drain; rinse with cold water. Let stand for 10 minutes.
- Spray a 13 x 9 inch baking dish with non-stick cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, combine Alfredo sauce, water, sun-dried tomato pesto and diced roasted red bell peppers. Mix well, set aside.
- Bring 8 to 10 cups water to a rolling boiling, add lasagna noodles, a few at a time. Boil for 5 to 8 minutes. Drain, rinse with cold water.
- Peel eggs; coarsely chop eggs.
- Arrange a layer of lasagna noodles in prepared pan. Top with 2/3 cup of the ham, 1/3 cup of the eggs and 1 cup cheese. Spread with 1-1/2 cups Alfredo sauce mixture. Repeat layers 1 or 2 more times, ending with sauce. Make sure top noodles are covered with sauce. Cover; refrigerate 8 hours or overnight.
- Take dish out of the refrigerator, let stand for 30 minutes. Heat oven to 350º Bake, covered for 30 minutes.
- In a small bowl, mix bread crumbs and melted butter. Uncover dish; sprinkle crumb mixture evenly over top of lasagna. Bake uncovered, 30 minutes longer or until heated through and topping is golden brown. Remove from oven and let stand for 10 minutes before serving.
Health Note: Nuts contain vitamin E, an antioxidant that helps the body form red blood cells and a healthy circulatory system.