On the Menu Today~
Roasted Brussels Sprouts
We are trying to eat healthier and
that means adding more vegetables to our diet.
I really like Brussels sprouts but I have never roasted them before.
Roasting is a great way to bring out flavor and
natural sweetness in many vegetables.
Brussels sprouts are no exception.
Try roasting Brussels sprouts with shallots and mini sweet peppers,
sprinkle on Mrs. Dash Garlic and Herb seasoning blend.
You can sprinkle the top of the roasted vegetables with
some crispy bacon and Parmesan cheese before serving.
mini peppers, sliced
garlic and herb seasoning blend
crispy bacon, crumbled, optional
Parmesan cheese, optional
- Heat oven to 400º Line a large rimmed baking sheet with foil or parchment paper.
- Cut the stem end off the Brussels sprouts and remove any loose outer leaves.
- Place Brussels sprouts on baking sheet; add sliced shallots and peppers.
- Drizzle with olive oil and sprinkle with seasoning blend, toss to coat.
- Roast 35 to 45 minutes or until veggies are crisp on the outside and tender on the inside.
- Shake the pan from time to time to brown the sprouts evenly.
- Sprinkle with bacon and cheese, optional
Health Note: Eating at least 3 servings of whole grains daily may help reduce blood cholesterol. Look for the word “whole” to be sure you get the whole grain.