On the Menu Today~
Homemade Almond Granola
This granola turned out wonderful and
the recipe makes about 8 cups.
Perfect for breakfast or
to snack on throughout the day….
regular rolled oats
1 1/2 cups
wheat cereal flakes, crushed
(shelled) sunflower seeds
toasted wheat germ
1 1/2 teaspoons
- In a large greased roasting pan, combine oats, nuts, wheat cereal flakes, shredded coconut, sunflower seeds, wheat germ and sesame seeds.
- In a small bowl, stir together peanut butter, honey, oil, vanilla, cinnamon, and nutmeg.
- Drizzle peanut butter mixture over oat mixture; toss to coat.
- Bake in a 325º oven about 15 minutes or until lightly browned, stirring mixture every 5 minutes. Remove granola from the oven. Immediately spread on a large piece of foil; cool.
- Store in an air tight container at room temperature for up to 2 weeks, or seal in freezer bags and freeze up to 1 month.
Chicken breast is a lean protein that supplies amino acids that give structure to the body in skin, cell membranes and muscles.