Cheddar and Green Chili Corn Muffins
made with my new cast iron scone/wedge pan made by Lodge
1 1/4 cups
2 to 4 tablespoons
diced green chilies, from a 4 ounce can
shredded cheddar cheese
- Preheat oven to 400º Generously grease cast iron wedge pan.
- Heat wedge pan in oven for 10 minutes.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together dry ingredients.
- In small bowl, whisk together milk, oil and beaten egg.
- Add milk mixture to dry ingredients, stir just until moistened.
- Fold in green chilies and cheese.
- Carefully remove wedge pan from oven.
- Carefully fill wedges with batter.
- *Use caution when filling wedge pan. Pan is Hot*
- Bake for 20 to 25 minutes, or until golden brown and toothpick inserted in the middle comes out clean.
Cheddar and Green Chili Corn Muffins turned out wonderful!
In fact, I couldn’t be happier with my new cast iron wedge pan.
The corn muffins turned out brown and crispy on the outside and
tender and moist on the inside.
Our bodies need B12 for energy and to maintain a healthy nervous system~