Berries on a Cloud Pavlova~
Hailing from Australia,
this famous dessert is named after the
Russian ballerina, Anna Pavlova.
It consists of a crisp meringue base,
topped with whipped cream and fruit such as:
strawberries, blueberries, passion fruit and/or kiwi.
A pavlova is usually served with a fruit sauce or
additional whipped cream.
cream of tartar
frozen unsweetened mixed berries, thawed
1 (3 oz) package
(sugar-free) lemon pudding and pie filling
per package directions
whipped topping, thawed
candies for garnish
- Place egg whites in a small bowl, let stand at room temperature for 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, make pudding according to package directions. Place in refrigerator until needed.
- Add cream of tartar and salt to egg whites. Beat on medium speed until soft peaks form. Gradually beat in sugar, 1 tablespoon at a time, on high until stiff peaks form. Beat in vanilla extract. Drop meringue into two mounds on parchment lined baking sheet.
- Shape into 3-1/2 inch cups with the back of a spoon. Bake at 225º for 1 to 1-1/4 hours or until set and dry. Turn oven off. Leave meringues in oven for 1 hour. Remove to wire racks to cool.
- In a small bowl, combine thawed berries and sugar. Let stand 5 minutes.
- To assemble:
- Spoon pudding into cooled meringue shells, top with berries, top berries with thawed whipped topping. Garnish with candies.
Pork is a great source of thiamine, also called vitamin B1.
Thiamine is an important nutrient because it helps our bodies release the energy in our foods~