We may earn money or products from the companies mentioned in this post.
Beef Broccoli Stir Fry
Beef Broccoli Stir Fry couldn’t get any easier. Made with strips of flank steak, which has been marinated for 30 minutes. Green pepper, green onions, garlic and broccoli are combined with the flank steak and stir fry in a hot wok. A delicious sauce is made with oyster sauce, red wine, soy sauce and beef broth. Serve beef broccoli stir fry over jasmine rice or sticky rice.
What is Stir Fry?
Stir Fry is any dish of food that has been prepared by the stir fry method. Stir Fry basically means to quickly fry bite-size pieces of food in a large pan over very high heat while constantly and briskly stirring the food. This cooking cooking technique, which is associated with Asian cooking and the wok.
A Word About Rice
Rice is an ancient grain that has been cultivated since at least 5000 B.C. Today rice is staple for almost half the world’s population, particularly in 🇨🇳 China, 🇮🇳 India, 🇯🇵 Japan, and Asia. Rice is grown in one of two ways. Aquatic rice (paddy-grown) and Hill-grown rice. Aquatic rice is cultivated in flooded fields and Hill-grown rice can be grown on almost any tropical or subtropical terrain. The major rice-growing states in the 🇺🇸 United States are Arkansas, California, Carolinas, Louisiana, Mississippi, Missouri and Texas.
- 1 pound flank steak, thinly sliced across the grain
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch dissolved in 1 tablespoon water
- 1 teaspoon soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon rice wine or water
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- fresh ground pepper, to taste
- 2 tablespoons oyster sauce
- 1 teaspoon rice wine or water
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1/4 cup beef broth
- 1 pound broccoli florets
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 1 green pepper, seeded and cut into slices
- 1 clove garlic, very thinly sliced
- 1 green onion, sliced
- Start by marinating the beef; mix together cornstarch mixture, soy sauce, rice wine or water, salt and pepper in a bowl, add the sliced beef and stir to coat the slices. Let stand for 30 minutes while you prepare the sauce and blanch the broccoli.
- Make sauce by mixing the oyster sauce, rice wine or water, soy sauce and chicken broth in a small bowl. Set aside.
- Place broccoli in salted boiling water for 2 minutes, remove the broccoli from the boiling water with a large Chinese wire mesh skimmer/strainer and immediately submerge the broccoli into a large bowl filled with ice cubes and cold water. Submerge for 10 seconds. Remove the broccoli with wire mesh skimmer/strainer from the cold water, drain well and set aside.
- Heat a large frying pan or wok over high heat until a bead of water sizzles and instantly evaporates upon contact, add oil and swirl to coat pan or wok. Add bell pepper strips, cook for a few minutes. Remove and set aside. Heat pan again and add meat slices, let the beef fry for 1 minute. Flip the beef strips over and add the garlic, sliced green onion, if using, reserved bell pepper strips and fry for 30 seconds to 1 minute.
- Pour in sauce, add broccoli and bring to a boil. Pour in dissolved cornstarch in water and cook stirring until sauce boils and thickens, about 30 seconds.
- Served this wonderful Beef and Broccoli Stir Fry over Jasmine Rice.