On the Menu Today~
Savory Cheese and Leek Scones
I love scones and
the minute I saw this recipe,
I knew I would be trying it~
This recipe is wonderful!
The scones are delicious and
the recipe makes 2 dozen scones.
Plus, the scones freeze well too
Knorr Cream of Leek Soup
4 1/2 cups
1 1/2 tablespoons
shredded cheddar cheese
bacon, cooked, drained and chopped, optional
- Combine Knorr cream of leek dry soup mix with water in a small saucepan with wire whisk.
- Bring to a boil over medium heat, stirring constantly. Reduce heat to low and simmer 2 minutes. Remove from heat; then stir in cream; set aside.
- Preheat oven to 400 º Line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper.
- Combine flour, baking powder and pepper in a large bowl. Stir in cheese and bacon if using. Stir in soup mixture. Stir until mixture just holds together, stirring in 1 teaspoon of cold water if needed. Gently knead 8 to 12 times. Shape or pat into two 8-inch circles. Cut each circle into 12 wedges. Place on prepared baking sheets.
- Bake for 20 to 25 minutes or until golden brown.
Images of scones from Knorr