On the Menu Today~
1 1/2 cups
2/3 cup plus 2 tablespoons
1/4 teaspoon plus 1/8 teaspoon
4 tablespoons plus 3 tablespoons
2 (30 oz) cans
whole plums, drained, pitted and cut in half
- Preheat oven to 425º
- Combine flour, 2 tablespoons sugar, brown sugar, baking powder, 1/4 teaspoon salt, and allspice. Whisk together. Cut in 4 tablespoons cold butter until mixture resembles coarse meal. Combine milk, almond extract, and egg in a small bowl, whisk together. Add milk mixture to flour mixture and stir until just combined.
- Spray 9-inch springform pan with cooking spray. Spoon batter into prepared pan. Arrange plums in a circular pattern over batter.
- Combine 2/3 cup sugar, 1/8 teaspoon salt, orange zest and allspice in a small bowl, stirring well. Microwave 3 tablespoons butter until butter melts, stir into sugar mixture. Sprinkle sugar mixture evenly over plums.
- Bake at 425º for 35 minutes or until browned and bubbly. Cool in pan 1 hour.
- Remove sides from springform pan.
*Recipe adapted from Cooking Light Magazine, 2011* Cooking Light