We may earn money or products from the companies mentioned in this post.
Ring in the New Year with these yummy
Bacon Wrapped Water Chestnuts and
Bake Brie in Puff Pastry with Raspberry Jam~
Happy New Year!!
Bacon Wrapped Water Chestnuts in Sauce~
- 1 pound
- 2 (8 oz) cans whole
water chestnuts, drained
- 1 cup
- 1 cup
- 1 1/2 teaspoons
- 1 (9 oz) jar
cherry preserves or preserves of your choice
- 1 to 2 teaspoons
crushed red pepper flakes
- Preheat oven to 350º
- Drain water chestnuts. Separate bacon into strips and cut each strip in half. Wrap one uncooked bacon strip around one water chestnut. Secure with a wooden toothpick. Continue with remaining water chestnuts and bacon. Place in a shallow baking dish.
- Bake at 375º for 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile Make Sauce:
- In small bowl, combine ketchup, brown sugar, Worcestershire sauce, cherry preserves and red pepper flakes.
- Transfer bacon wrapped water chestnuts to a plate lined with paper towels to drain, then transfer to a second clean shallow baking dish. Pour sauce over bacon/water chestnuts.
- Bake at 375º for an additional 30 to 45 minutes or until bacon is crisp and sauce is bubbly.
- 1 (17 oz) package
frozen puff pastry, thawed
- 1 (8 oz) package
round brie cheese
- 1/3 cup plus 2 tablespoons
- 1/4 cup
toasted sliced almonds
- Preheat oven to 425º Lightly grease baking sheet. Set aside.
- Roll puff pastry out slightly, place brie cheese on top of puff pastry. Top cheese with 1/3 cup raspberry preserves, place sliced almonds on preserves. Bundle puff pastry up and around the cheese, place on baking sheet.
- Bake for 25 to 35 minutes or until golden brown. Let cool for 5 minutes.
- Spoon 2 tablespoons raspberry preserves on top of crust.
Serve with your favorite crackers