Ring in the New Year with these yummy
Bacon Wrapped Water Chestnuts and
Bake Brie in Puff Pastry with Raspberry Jam~
Happy New Year!!
Bacon Wrapped Water Chestnuts in Sauce~
2 (8 oz) cans whole
water chestnuts, drained
1 1/2 teaspoons
1 (9 oz) jar
cherry preserves or preserves of your choice
1 to 2 teaspoons
crushed red pepper flakes
- Preheat oven to 350º
- Drain water chestnuts. Separate bacon into strips and cut each strip in half. Wrap one uncooked bacon strip around one water chestnut. Secure with a wooden toothpick. Continue with remaining water chestnuts and bacon. Place in a shallow baking dish.
- Bake at 375º for 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile Make Sauce:
- In small bowl, combine ketchup, brown sugar, Worcestershire sauce, cherry preserves and red pepper flakes.
- Transfer bacon wrapped water chestnuts to a plate lined with paper towels to drain, then transfer to a second clean shallow baking dish. Pour sauce over bacon/water chestnuts.
- Bake at 375º for an additional 30 to 45 minutes or until bacon is crisp and sauce is bubbly.
Baked Brie in Puff Pastry with Raspberry Jam~
1 (17 oz) package
frozen puff pastry, thawed
1 (8 oz) package
round brie cheese
1/3 cup plus 2 tablespoons
toasted sliced almonds
- Preheat oven to 425º Lightly grease baking sheet. Set aside.
- Roll puff pastry out slightly, place brie cheese on top of puff pastry. Top cheese with 1/3 cup raspberry preserves, place sliced almonds on preserves. Bundle puff pastry up and around the cheese, place on baking sheet.
- Bake for 25 to 35 minutes or until golden brown. Let cool for 5 minutes.
- Spoon 2 tablespoons raspberry preserves on top of crust.
Serve with your favorite crackers