Rice Pudding with Warm Cranberry Sauce
Have left-over rice? Why not make rice pudding. Rice pudding is a favorite dessert throughout Scandinavia. Rice pudding is usually served on
Christmas Eve and/or Christmas Day. An almond is hidden in the rice pudding before baking and whoever finds it will be blessed with good luck. For an added flavor blast, serve Rice pudding with warm cranberry sauce.
Use Leftover Rice
- 2 cups
left-over cooked rice
- 2 cups
whipping cream, half-and-half, or light cream
- 1 1/2 cups
- 2/3 cup
- 1 tablespoon
- 1/2 teaspoon
- 1 whole
- 1 cup canned cranberry jellied sauce
- Butter a 2 quart casserole dish.
- Stir together the eggs, cream, milk, sugar, melted butter, cardamom, and cooked rice.
- Spoon into the prepared casserole dish.
- Hide the almond in the pudding, set the casserole into a large baking pan. Pour boiling water into the larger pan so that the water reaches about halfway up sides of casserole dish.
- Bake, uncovered at 325º for 1 hour. Stir and bake 15 minutes longer.
- Remove casserole dish from pan of water, stir mixture once more. Set aside to cool slightly.
- Serve the warm rice pudding with warm cranberry sauce or serve with whipped topping and a sprinkle of cinnamon.
- In a medium microwave safe bowl, stir jellied cranberry sauce.
- Microwave on high for 60 seconds, stir until smooth.
- Microwave an additional 60 seconds, if necessary, stirring until smooth.