We may earn money or products from the companies mentioned in this post.
Blueberry Pancake Fritters
Blueberry Pancake Fritters are great for kids of any age. Even adults will like these doughnut-style fritters. Made with blueberry buttermilk complete pancake mix and water, they couldn’t get any easier. After allowing the mixed batter to sit for 10 minutes, the batter is dropped into hot oil using a small ice cream scoop or cookie dough scoop. The blueberry pancake dough fritters are deep-fried until crisp. After the fritters are removed from the oil, they are rolled in a mixture of cinnamon-sugar while warm.
Blueberry fritters are very similar to doughnut holes. Light and tender on the inside and crispy, crunchy on the outside. We rolled the warm fritters in cinnamon-sugar but you can also roll them in powdered sugar or in a vanilla glaze. My grandson insisted in dunking his fritters into maple syrup. It was super good. I think he might be on to something here! You can substitute your favorite pancake mix for the blueberry pancake mix or use plain buttermilk complete pancake mix and add a handful of mini chocolate chips.
- 2 cups
blueberry buttermilk complete pancake mix
- 1 cup
- 4 cups
oil for frying
- 1/2 cup
- 2 teaspoons
- maple syrup
- Preheat oil to 350º in a deep fryer or large deep skillet.
- Stir together sugar and cinnamon, set aside.
- Stir together pancake mix and water, Set aside for 10 minutes.
- Use a small ice cream scoop to drop batter into hot oil.
- Fry for 2 to 4 minutes or until golden brown.
- Remove from oil with large slotted spoon.
- Drain on paper towels for about 30 seconds.
- Roll in cinnamon sugar mixture. Serve with warm maple syrup.