On the Menu Today~
Sourdough Crepes with Brie and Fried Apples~
Sourdough Crepes with Brie and Fried Apples
1/4 to 1/2 cup
tart cooking apples, peeled, cored and cut into thin slices
firmly packed light brown sugar
- Fried Apples:
- In a 10-inch non-stick skillet, melt butter over moderately high heat. Add the apples and cook for 3 minutes or until lightly browned, stirring frequently.
- Stir in the brown sugar and cinnamon. Lower the heat to moderately low and cook covered for 2 to 3 minutes more or until apples are tender.
- Whisk all ingredients together in a bowl.
- Add milk until it reaches a very smooth, thin batter consistency.
- In a 8 to 10 inch frying pan, heat pan over medium high heat.
- Once hot, add a teaspoon of butter, allow butter to melt quickly.
- Pour a 1/4 cup batter into pan, tilt the pan with a circular motion so that the batter coats the surface of the bottom of the pan evenly. Cook the crepe for about 2 minutes, until the bottom is light brown. Loosen with a spatula, turn and cook the other side. Cool.
- Spread brie on 1/2 of crepe, spoon warm fried apples on brie. Fold crepe over, sprinkle with powdered sugar. Repeat with remaining crepes. Serve.