On the Menu Today~
Soft Cinnamon Pretzels with
Soft Cinnamon Pretzels are nice and sweet,
with just a touch of cinnamon and vanilla icing~
Soft Cinnamon Pretzels with Vanilla Icing
1 package (1/4 oz)
active dry yeast
1 1/2 cups
warm water (110 to 115 degrees)
2 to 2 1/4 cups
hot water (120 to 130 degrees)
- In a large bowl, dissolve yeast in warm water. Stir in brown sugar and salt. Add cake flour; stir well. Stir in enough all-purpose flour to form a soft dough. Turn onto a floured surface; knead until smooth and elastic, about 6 to 8 minutes. Place in a greased bowl, turning once to grease top. Cover and let rise in a warm place until dough has risen slightly, about 30 minutes.
- Punch dough down; divide into 14 balls. Roll each ball into a 15-inch rope. In a large bowl, dissolve baking soda in hot water. Dip each rope in baking soda mixture; drain on paper towels.
- Form dough into pretzel shapes and place on greased baking sheets. Combine sugar and cinnamon in a small bowl.
- Brush pretzels with butter; then sprinkle with the cinnamon-sugar mixture.
- Bake at 400º degrees for 15 minutes or until golden brown.
Drizzle with Vanilla Icing:
- 1 cup confectioners sugar
- 2 to 3 tablespoons milk
- Combine ingredients together and drizzle over cinnamon pretzels.