Island Mango Pineapple Chicken
Try Something New
We are always on the look out for new and interesting marinades. We do make our own marinades from time to time, but with all the different types of marinades on the market today, why not try one…or two..or three. Just like the many brands and kinds of barbecue sauces on the market today, there are just as many marinades. Ands that a good thing! The more to try:) if you have stood in the condiments aisle lately, you know what I’m talking about. I swear a person could use a new and different marinade or barbecue sauce everyday for a year!
Today we tried a bottle of; World Harbor, Island Mango Marinade. It’s a wonderful marinade, with an intense mango flavor and with a nice spicy kick. Check out more World Harbor products at: World Harbor,
click on “Brands” and choose “World Harbor”
Now, on to Island Mango Pineapple Chicken..
- 4 to 6
boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1 bottle World Harbor island mango marinade or marinade of your choice.
- 4 tablespoons
- 1 large
green pepper, chopped
- 1 medium
- 2 cloves
- 1 cup
fresh mushrooms, quartered
- 1/2 cup
- 1/3 cup
white wine, water or additional chicken broth
- 2 cups
pineapple chunks, fresh or canned
mango, peeled and cubed
- Clean chicken breasts and pat dry with a paper towel. Place chicken breasts in a 2 quart glass baking dish. Pour marinade over chicken breasts, cover with plastic wrap, place in refrigerator; marinade for 1 to 2 hours, or according to bottle directions.
- Remove chicken from refrigerator, discard any left over marinade.
- Heat oil in large skillet over medium heat. Add chopped green pepper, onion, garlic and mushrooms. Saute’ vegetables until tender, 10 minutes. Add chicken breasts, turning to brown on both sides, 30 minutes or until juices are no longer pink. Carefully stir in chicken broth and wine. Add pineapple chunks and cubed mango.
- Cover and let simmer for 30 minutes.
Serve with Jasmine Rice
*The opinions written here are my own. I have not been compensated from World Harbor Marinade.*