Cutting fresh pineapple may seem difficult
but it’s really quite easy!
1 large ripe
- Place pineapple on its side on cutting board. Cut off the top of the pineapple.
- Stand the pineapple up and cut the skin off of the sides, in as thin of strips as possible.
- Continue cutting strips around the pineapple until you have cut off all of the skin.
- Depending on how close you sliced when removing the skin, you will most likely have some divots left, these can easily be removed with a melon baller or veggie peeler. Cut off bottom.
- Stand the pineapple up and cut pineapple in large pieces, cutting around the core.
- Some pineapples have soft cores that can be eaten but most of the time they are hard.
- Chop remaining pineapple into desired size or cut in slices in desired thickness.
Here’s a recipe for using left-over pineapple shells~
From Amelia’s Dessert~ Amelia’s Dessert