On the Menu Today~
Always delicious but even better with a
big scoop of vanilla bean or cinnamon ice cream,
apple pie spice or allspice
6 cups (about 6 medium)
thinly sliced, peel cooking apples
1 box refrigerated
pie crusts, softened as directed on box
- Heat oven to 425º Place one pie crust in the bottom of an ungreased 9-inch glass pie plate. Press firmly against sides and bottom.
- In large bowl, toss together sugar, flour, cinnamon, apple pie spice, salt, lemon juice and apples. Spoon into crust lined pie plate. Dot with butter. Top with second crust.
- Wrap excessive top crust under bottom crust edge, pressing edges together with tines of fork to seal. Cut 4 slits in top crust. Brush top crust with beaten egg and sprinkle with sugar.
- Cover edge of crust with a 2 to 3 inch strip of foil to prevent excessive browning. Remove foil after 20 minutes of baking time.
- Bake for 40 to 45 minutes or until apples are tender and crust is golden brown.