On the Menu Today~
Pineapple Upside Down Bundt Cake
An Old Classic~
An Old Favorite~
packed brown sugar
1 (15-20 oz) can
1 (6-8 oz) jar
whole maraschino cherries
1 (15.25 oz) box
Pillsbury supreme moist classic yellow cake mix, plus eggs and oil called for on box
- Preheat oven to 350º Drain pineapple slices, reserving juice. Set pineapple slices aside
- In a small saucepan, melt butter over low heat, add brown sugar and stir until sugar is melted. Remove from heat and set aside.
- In large bowl prepare cake mix according to package directions, except use reserved pineapple juice instead of water called for in recipe. If you don’t have enough pineapple juice, make up the difference with water.
- Spray bundt pan with cooking spray. Pour melted butter/brown sugar mixture in bottom of bundt pan. Arrange as many pineapple slices as will fit in bottom of pan, overlap slices if needed; save remaining slices for another use. Place 1 or 2 cherries in the center of each ring. Carefully pour batter over pineapple/cherry studded slices.
- Bake according to package directions for bundt pan. About 40 minutes.
- When cake is done, remove from oven and let cool on a wire rack for 5 minutes.
- Place dinner plate over top of bundt pan and flip cake over and out onto a serving plate.