We may earn money or products from the companies mentioned in this post.
Easy Monkey Bread a.k.a. Bubble Bread
When my kids were young,
I would make this gooey treat on Saturday mornings.
They always called it “Moms Bubble Bread”
This is one of those recipes that proves to those who dare to make it….
you don’t need a lot of ingredients for something to taste decadent.
This recipe comes to you via my sister Mary~
The first time I tried bubble bread,
I was at her house. I’m not positive but
I’m pretty sure that between the two of us,
we polished off the whole pan.
I’ve been making Monkey Bread ever since.
- 2 loaves
frozen bread dough, thawed
- 1/2 cup
- 1 cup
- 1 package (regular not instant)
butterscotch pudding and pie mix
- 1 cup
- Grease a bundt pan with shortening.
- Melt together butter, brown sugar, and dry pudding mix. Bring to boil and boil 1 to 2 minutes. Sprinkle 1/2 cup pecans in bottom of prepared pan. Cut 1 loaf (thawed) bread dough in large pieces. Stagger pieces in pan. Pour half of butter/pudding mixture over dough in pan. Sprinkle with remaining nuts. Cut remaining loaf (thawed) bread dough in large pieces. Stagger pieces in pan. Pour remaining butter/pudding mixture over all.
- Cover loosely with plastic wrap. Let rise 2 to 3 hours and nearly doubled in size.
- Bake at 350º for 30 minutes or until golden brown.
- As soon as it comes out of the oven, turn upside down on a large serving plate.