On the Menu Today~
Buttermilk Peach Scones with
White Chocolate Chip Glaze
While visiting my daughter in Georgia,
I thought it appropriate to whip up some
Buttermilk Peach Scones~
Buttermilk Peach Scones are delicious on there own,
but a drizzle of melted white chocolate never hurt..
1 1/3 cups
1 1/2 teaspoons
cold butter, cubed
chopped fresh peaches
peach, thinly sliced
- In large bowl, mix flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt.
- Cut in cold, cubed butter until mixture resembles coarse crumbs.
- In a small bowl, combine 2 tablespoons beaten egg, buttermilk and almond extract. (Reserve left over egg for wash.) Add to dry ingredients, mix just until moistened. Fold in chopped peaches. Turn onto a floured surface, knead gently 6 to 8 times, kneading in a small amount of flour if needed.
- Pat dough into a 6 inch circle. Cut into 8 wedges, separate. Place on baking sheet, lined with parchment paper. Brush tops with reserved beaten egg. Place a thin slice of peach on top of each scone, pressing peach into scone lightly.
- Bake at 425º for 12 to 15 minutes or until golden brown.
white chocolate chips
1 to 2 teaspoons
- Place white chocolate chips in a small glass bowl, microwave for 20 seconds; stir. Add 1 to 2 teaspoons buttermilk, stir. Microwave 10 to 15 seconds longer, stir until smooth.
- Drizzle over scones