On the Menu Today~
Blueberry Cake studded with
A Beautiful Blue-Berry Cake~
This blueberry cake looks so impressive yet
it’s so simple and easy to make.
Made with a boxed white cake mix,
a can of blueberry pie filling, a can of vanilla frosting and
the star of this cake…..colored non-pareils candies,
you’ll wow your guests with this cake.
They’ll never know how easy it was to make,
unless you tell them~
1 (18 oz) package
classic white cake mix
1 1/4 cups
1 (21 oz) can
blueberry pie filling
- 2 (16 oz) cans
classic vanilla frosting
- multi-colored, non-pareils candies
- Preheat oven to 350º Lightly coat bottom and sides of four 8-inch round baking pans with non-stick cooking spray. Set aside.
- Mix cake mix, water, oil and egg whites in a large bowl until moistened. Beat with mixer on low speed for 2 minutes, beat on medium speed 2 minutes longer. Measure and pour 1 cup of batter into 3 separate small bowls. Stir in blue gel food coloring, 2 to 4 drops per bowl. Pour batter into prepared pans. Tap pans on counter top to remove air bubbles.
- Bake at 350 for 15 to 20 minutes. Cake is done when a toothpick inserted in middle comes out clean. Remove from oven. Cool in pans 5 minutes. Carefully remove cake(s) from pans and cool completely on wire racks.
- With serrated knife, cut off uneven tops from cakes. Place one cake round on cake pedestal.
- Lightly frost top of cake, with slotted spoon, spoon blueberry pie filling on frosting. Place second cake layer on top of first layer, frost, with slotted spoon, spoon blueberry pie filling on frosting layer, repeat with rest of cake rounds, frosting and blueberries. *Tip: you might need to insert wooden skewers into cake to keep the cake layers stable. Lightly frost top and sides of cake. Frost top and sides of cake.
- Refrigerate until frosting is set. Remove from refrigerate and finish frosting top and sides of cake. Start adding multi-colored non-pareils to top of cake, until top of cake is covered in candies. Keep cake in refrigerator until ready to serve.