On the Menu Today~
Banana Blueberry Bread
Today, I felt like baking bread…..
Do you ever have days like that?
You wake up in the morning and say to yourself,
“I’m going to make some bread today”
It happens to me all the time~
I always have blueberries and bananas in my freezer,
so I knew exactly what type of bread I was going to make.
I have made this bread recipe many times.
It’s very moist and delicious~
The addition of mini chocolate chips takes this bread one step up from ordinary.
whole wheat flour
uncooked quick-cooking grits
mashed ripe bananas
mini chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350º
- Combine flours, grits, sugar, salt, baking powder, and baking soda in a large bowl. Make a well in the center of mixture.
- Combine oil, banana, blueberries, mini chocolate chips and eggs. Add to well in the flour mixture, stir just until moistened.
- Spoon batter into a 8 x 4 inch loaf pan coated with cooking spray.
- Bake at 350º for 1 hour or until wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean.
- Cool bread in pan 10 minutes on wire rack. Remove bread from pan and cool completely on wire rack.