Today we are going to make cherry turnovers~
These are nice and easy and
Oh so good!!
Cherry Turnovers are made convenient by;
using a can of refrigerated buttermilk biscuits,
filled with canned cherry pie filling and
then drizzled with a vanilla frosting glaze tinted pink~
1 can (8-10 count)
refrigerated buttermilk biscuits
1 can (21 oz)
cherry pie filling or homemade
- Baking Directions:
- Line baking sheet with parchment paper. Set aside
- Separate biscuits; cut each biscuit in half horizontally. On a lightly floured surface, roll each piece of biscuit dough into a 4-inch circle. Place about 1 tablespoon pie filling onto each half circle. Fold opposite side of circle up and over filling. Brush edges with a little milk; seal edges with tines of a fork. Place filled turnovers 1 inch apart on prepared baking sheet. Lightly spray with non-stick cooking spray.
- Bake at 350º for 12 to 15 minutes or until golden brown. Remove from baking sheet. Cool slightly on a wire rack. Drizzle with pink vanilla frosting glaze.
- Frying Directions:
- In deep fat fryer or deep, cast iron skillet, heat oil to 350 degrees.
- Drop turnovers into hot oil and fry until golden brown on both sides, turning turnovers with a wire mesh spatula. Remove from hot oil to a wire rack. Cool slightly on a wire rack.
- Drizzle with pink vanilla frosting glaze.
- Top with a cherry from pie filling, optional.
milk, half & half, or cream
2 to 3 drops
red food coloring
- In a small bowl, combine canned frosting with milk, half and half or cream.
- Add a few drops of red food coloring to tint frosting pink.
- Stir until well blended and smooth enough to drizzle.