Shakes are so refreshing and easy to make.
Just about any ingredient can be put into a shake with great results.
cream of coconut
1 vanilla bean
split and scraped
1 (8 oz) can
crushed pineapple, drained
vanilla ice cream
- Process all ingredients in a blender until smooth, stopping to scrape down sides.
- Serve immediately.
*How to Split and Scrape a Vanilla Bean~
- Split the Bean:
- Take a sharp paring knife and poke a hole through the vanilla bean so the bean lies flat when you hold the knife horizontally.
- Hold the vanilla bean in place on the side facing the dull part of the knife.
- Using short sawing motions, pull the paring knife across the entire vanilla bean so that it splits it into two even halves.
- Scrape Seeds:
- Hold the dull side of your paring knife firmly against the middle of the vanilla bean half and scrape across the entire bean.
- If your vanilla bean half folds over at the edges, you may need to repeat this motion with the dull side of the tip of the paring knife to get the seeds underneath each fold.
- Repeat with the other half.