Italian Beef Sandwiches
I have made Italian Beef Sandwiches for every gathering under the sun. From Baby Showers to Super Bowl Parties, this recipe has appeared on the table. I make several different recipes for ‘hot beef’ but this recipe seems to go over the best at parties. This recipe is so easy to make. You throw everything into a slow cooker, turn it on, and it’s good to go! All you need are some rolls, cheese slices, pickles and potato chips.
Delicious Italian Beef Sandwiches perfect served on toasted buns with mozzarella cheese.
- 1 11 1/2 oz jar pepperoncini
- 4 pounds boneless beef chuck, beef sirloin, or rump roast
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 0.7 oz package Italian dry salad dressing mix
- 2 teaspoons Italian seasoning, crushed
- 1 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon each salt and pepper
- 1 large onion, sliced thinly
- 1 10-12 oz jar roasted red sweet pepper strips, drained
- 12 slices mozzarella or provolone cheese
- 12 kaiser or hard rolls, split, buttered and toasted
- sliced dill pickles, for serving
Drain pepperoncini, reserve juice. Remove and discard stems from peppers. Set peppers aside.
Cut roast into 2 to 3 inch pieces. Place 1/2 of meat pieces into a 5 quart slow cooker. Top meat with sliced onions, pepperoncini and red pepper strips. Top with rest of meat pieces.
In a small bowl combine water, reserved juice, salad dressing mix, Italian seasoning, crushed red pepper, garlic powder, salt and pepper. Pour over beef in slow cooker. Cover and cook on low-heat setting for 10 to 12 hours or on high-heat setting for 5 to 6 hours. Remove meat with slotted spoon.Using 2 forks, shred meat. Return to juices in slow cooker. Heat through.
Serve on rolls and top with cheese. Serve sandwiches alongside pickles and potato chips.
*Note: Look for pepperoncini in the pickle and olive section of your grocery store. Our favorite brand, Mezzetta
This recipe Doritos Hamburger Bake been around for eons. Every family seems to have their own version of this classic hamburger bake. I’ll admit, this is one of my all thyme favorites; Doritos Hamburger Bake. Here is another favorite recipe for Hot Beef; Hot Beef Sandwiches and Hot Beef Pinwheels.