Happy Valentine’s Day~
Want to make something special for your sweetie today?
Why not a heart shaped cream puff.
Fill each cream puff with whipped cream,
sliced strawberries, chopped m & m’s, sprinkles and
drizzle a white chocolate glaze over all…
A Real Cream Puff Explosion…..
- In a medium saucepan melt butter. Add water; bring to boiling. Add flour and salt all at once; stir vigorously. Cook and stir until mixture forms a ball that doesn’t separate. Remove from heat; cool slightly, about 5 minutes. Add eggs one at a time, beating with a wooden spoon after each addition for 1 to 2 minutes or until smooth. Drop batter by heaping tablespoons onto a baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Form into a heart shape.
- Bake in a 400º oven for about 30 minutes or until golden brown and puffy.
- Remove from oven; split in half, removing any soft dough inside.
- Cool on wire rack until ready to fill.
chilled whipped cream
- Chill glass bowl and metal beaters for several hours.
- Whip whipping cream in chilled bowl with vanilla extract, adding sugar, one tablespoon at a time, until soft peaks form.
4 to 6
- Rinse, pat dry and hull strawberries.
- Slice strawberries in half, place in a medium bowl.
- Sprinkle strawberries with sugar, let macerate for at least an hour.
white chocolate chips
- 1 tablespoon cream
- Melt chips in microwave on low until chips are almost melted.
- Add cream, stir until desired consistency.
- Red, white and pink chocolate m & m’s, coarsely chopped
- Heart shaped sprinkles
Place bottom half of cream puff on a serving plate.
Top with sliced strawberries and whipped cream.
Place second half of cream puff on top of cream.
Decorate with chopped m & m candies and sprinkles.
Drizzle with melted white chocolate chip glaze.