On the Menu Today~
Bran Muffins with a Crunchy Top
1 3/4 cups
bran flakes cereal
1 1/4 cups
- Preheat oven to 400º Grease or paper-line 10 to 12 muffin cups.
- Combine cereal, buttermilk, egg and oil in a bowl. Let stand for 10 minutes, stir to break up cereal. Combine flour, sugar, baking powder and cinnamon in separate bowl.
- Add cereal mixture all at once to flour mixture, stirring just until combined. (Batter will be thick) Fold in raisins.
- Divide batter between 10 to 12 muffin cups.
- Sprinkle with crunchy topping. (recipe below)
- Bake 20 to 25 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
bran flakes cereal, crushed to 1/3 cup
- Combine cereal, sugar, and melted butter. Mix well.
- Divide evenly among muffin cups.
To ensure even baking of muffins,
fill any empty muffin cups with a 1/4 cup of water.
Bake muffins as usual, this will ensure even baking.