On the Menu Today~
Blood Orange Scones with Orange Glaze
- 2 cups
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1 stick
butter, cold and cubed
- 1 tablespoon blood orange zest
- 4 tablespoons blood orange juice
- 4 tablespoons honey flavored yogurt
- 2 tablespoons milk
- Preheat oven to 400º Line baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In large bowl, combine flour, oatmeal, sugar, baking powder, salt and baking soda.
- Cut in cubed butter with pastry blender until mixture resembles coarse crumbs.
- With fork, stir in blood orange zest.
- In small bowl combine egg, blood orange juice, yogurt and milk.
- Add milk mixture to flour mixture, stir together.
- Turn dough out onto well floured surface, knead 8 to 10 times.
- Pat dough into 8 inch circle. Cut dough into 8 wedges.
- Place on parchment lined baking sheet. Bake for 12 to 15 minutes or until lightly browned.
- Remove from baking sheet and cool on wire rack.
Blood Orange Glaze
2 to 4 tablespoons
blood orange juice
- Mix together confectioners sugar and juice until reach desired drizzle consistency.
- Drizzle over scones