We may earn money or products from the companies mentioned in this post.
Peppermint Sourdough Biscotti
Make your holiday extra special this year and make a big batch of Peppermint Sourdough Biscotti. A classic biscotti recipe is made even better with the addition of a sourdough starter and crushed peppermint candies.
- 3/4 cup
- 3/4 cup
- 2 teaspoons
- 1/2 cup
fed sourdough starter
- 3 1/4 cups
- 1 teaspoon
- 1/4 teaspoon
- 1 cup
crushed peppermint candies
- In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar. Add eggs one at a time, beating well after each addition, beat in vanilla extract, then stir in sourdough starter.
- Combine the flour, baking powder and salt. Stir in peppermint candies. Gradually add to creamed mixture, beating until blended (dough will be stiff).
- Divide dough in half, on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper, roll each portion into a 12 x 2 inch rectangle. Bake at 350º for 25 to 30 minutes or until golden brown, carefully remove to wire racks.
- Cool for 15 minutes. Transfer to a cutting board, cut diagonally with a serrated sharp knife into 1/2 inch slices, place cut side down on baking sheet lined with parchment paper, bake for 12 to 15 minutes or until firm.
- Remove to wire racks to cool.
- 2 cups
dark chocolate chips
- 2 tablespoons
- 1/2 cup crushed
- In a microwave proof bowl, melt chocolate chips and shortening. Stir until smooth.
- Drizzle chocolate over biscotti, sprinkle with crushed peppermint candies.